PHS Alumni Honor Roll Member
James Gordon Sewell, DVM
Class of 1952
James (Jim) Sewell, earned his Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (DVM) as a participant of the first class of the newly named Oklahoma State University Veterinary College in 1958.
On June 1, 1958, Sewell established a veterinary practice at Veterinary Corner in Guthrie, Oklahoma. He continues to practice at that exact location 53 years later, having been the sole proprietor for many years.
In 2008, he was recognized for his continued service to the community, having served diligently for 22 years as a school board member.
Jim also owns and operates a registered red Angus cow/calf operation.